Meet the 9ines
We believe in clean skincare products with ingredients that you can understand. Our formulas contain only natural and bare essential ingredients. Meet “The 9ines of BareNine”; the nine natural ingredients that We believe work best for tackling hyperpigmentation, acne and achieving overall great skin health.
1. AHAs & BHAs- Alpha-hydroxy acids & Beta-hydroxy acids are both chemical skin exfoliants that help remove dead skin cells from the top layer revealing smoother, more youthful skin. That's not all they do! They also boost collagen production and help keep acne away. Our favorite AHA is Glycolic Acid because it is water soluble, making it easier to penetrate and exfoliate the skin than other AHAs. You will see the BHA: White Willow Bark in a couple of our formulas. We love it for it’s ability exfoliate and clear pores.
2. Antioxidants- Constant exposure to external pollutants can cause aging of the skin. Antioxidants are substances that help protect the surface of your skin from environmental toxins and aggressors. They also help to reduce inflammation, tone and clear skin. Green Tea and Vitamin C are powerful acne fighting antioxidants We include in our skincare. We chose them because of their ability to fight off damage from UV Rays that can cause cancer and fade hyperpigmentation.3. Botanical Extracts- Botanical Extracts are plant materials with concentrated therapeutic properties. They can be found in powder or liquid forms, and you can extract them through cold pressing, steam distillation, or oil infusions. They are packed with antibacterial, anti inflammatory and antioxidant effects, making them great additions to our hyperpigmentation/acne fighting formulas. You will see botanical extracts all throughout our ingredients; especially the SuperSkin Collection. Our absolute favorite extract would have to be Turmeric. It’s benefits for the skin are endless.
4. Glycerin- Glycerin is a is an odorless, colorless liquid found in vegetable oil. In skincare glycerine acts as a humectant, locking moisture into the skin preventing water evaporation. It also improves the look of fine lines and improves the skin’s permeability. All of our cleansers include this power ingredient. It is important to have products that lock in moisture while still effectively doing their job.
5. Niacinamide -A form of Vitamin B3 essential to the function of sugars & fats in the body and maintains healthy cells. You get niacinamide in foods like fish, eggs, vegetables, and meats. This multitalented vitamin helps minimize enlarged pores, renew and restore moisture, and brighten the skin. All while protecting it from environmental stresses.
6. Omega Fatty Acids- Omega Fatty Acids are unsaturated fatty acids that contain one or more double bonds between carbon atoms. If they have one double bond they are called monounsaturated fatty acids. If they have more than one double bond, they're called polyunsaturated fatty acids. There are 3 types of Omega Fatty Acids- 3-6-9. They play a huge role in our heart, brain and overall health however our bodies cannot produce them naturally. You get omega fatty 7. acids in your diet through foods like nuts, oils and leafy greens. When incorporated, they provide huge benefits for the skin. Acting as building blocks in the skin cells, strengthening the skin's surface layers for a smoother, healthier and younger-looking complexion. Pretty much all of our products contain one or several omega fatty acids.
7. Vitamin C- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that the body needs in small amounts to function and stay healthy. Vitamin C helps fight against cell damage and infections, heal wounds, and keep tissues healthy. It can be found in foods like citrus fruits and cruciferous vegetables. Brightening the skin, fading hyperpigmentation, and promoting collagen production are just a few things this powerhouse nutrient provides when applied topically. We use vitamin C in the Day or Night Brightening Gel Mask and the Double Detox Shower Gel.
8. Vitamin E- Vitamin E is a nutrient found in our sebum that is important to vision, reproduction, and the health of your blood, brain and skin. Vitamin e can be found in plant based oils, nuts, fruits and vegetables. When applied topically, vitamin e softens the skin, reduces swelling and inflammation, and protects against skin discoloration. This makes it a great component in our hyperpigmentation fighting formulas. Vitamin E can be found in many of our products by way of plant based carrier oils.
9. Love- Yes love! ♡ The greatest ingredients of them all. When your products are made with love and intentionality, every ingredient matters! We take the time to research ingredients that are 100% natural and necessary. We understand that the skin is the human's largest body organ, and our formulas are dedicated to helping you heal, understand and love it even more! Love can be found in every single one of our handcrafted products.